HOW TO GET INSPIRED
I thought of this blog post while reading this book of poetry by Courtney Peppernell, Pillow Thoughts. This poem was found in the section about soul-searching, which is exactly what I’m currently doing. Lately, I’ve been MIA on the blog and on Instagram and pretty much life in general. I’ve been trying to focus in school since it seems to just be dragging on, and life has been pretty uneventful. In simple terms, I’ve been completely and utterly uninspired by everything for a long time.
And obviously, having zero inspiration has seriously affected my blog and Instagram, causing a lack of content. I’ve tried to think of posts and put together outfits, but my heart hasn’t been in it. I need change and I’m sure some of you might, too. So, I’ve pulled together a list of tips to do when feeling uninspired to hopefully set a spark inside.
1. Listen to new music—this is a big one I think. Try listening to a genre of music that you usually don’t listen to and you might feel a little something that you haven’t in a while.
2. Read a book—this is where I was when this photo above was taken. I was in the bookstore in the downtown campus poking around. I saw the cover of this book was black with a white illustrated jellyfish, picked it up, and saw it was a book of some of the best poetry I’ve ever read. Here is the link to Pillow Thoughts.
3. Take a walk—this usually helps me. I find that I’m always hanging around the same places and a change of scenery does my mind good. Explore a neighborhood you’ve never been to.
4. Put your phone down—I am addicted to my phone, I’ll be the first to admit it. An electronic detox always helps.
5. Write down why you feel uninspired—try to pinpoint what’s been off in your life and then make the change you need.
These 5 tips on how to become inspired again are something I’m really going to push to change in my life as winter break comes up. In the meantime, though, try to pick up a copy of Pillow Thoughts. I’m not one to usually be crazy about poetry, but this collection was amazing.
What inspires you?